quotes exactly from these books (must be same edition) and the video (link are listed). NO OUTSIDE SOURCES. Also I need the direct quotes from the books and cited the specific number of the page of the quote. If you can’t find these two books, please contact me, I can take the photograph of the book for you.
1. 4 required from Brinkley-[Brinkley, 23]
2. 4 required from Polenberg documents-[Polenberg, 89]
3. 2 required from FDR [DVD]
Part 1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PrRspfgrxFU
Part 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xV9gjPuNa0
Outside sources: use of outside sources will result in a Zero on the assignment.
Answer the follow question. Be sure to support your general statements with specific events, dates and quotes. Write carefully- please note the essay rubric on the reverse side.
Franklin D. Roosevelt is always listed in the top five greatest American presidents, usually in the top three. Brinkely calls him “the most important leader of the twentieth century.”
Why? Because of his achievements as he guided the nation through two of its greatest crises: the Great Depression and the Second World War. He succeeded largely because he was a creative leader with strong political gifts and skills who creatively applied both to his challenges
In your introduction, describe FDR’s political gifts and skills. In your body paragraphs, show how they revealed in his political achievement [election victories, congressional successes, etc] and his dealings with other world leaders. Then show his creative leadership in both domestic and foreign affairs [including the War]. Finally, in your conclusion, justify the judgment that FDR left the nation in “a…better place than it had been before.”
1.Thesis is clearly stated; covers all aspects of question;
2. All paragraph have topic sentences, uses one topic per paragraph; uses one topic per paragraph;
3. Uses 3 or more accurate/ relevant specifics to support each topic
4. Adds insight; stays focused & makes a logical argument.
5. I need to submit this essay to Turnitin, so do not plagiarism.