Write a 1,050- to 1,400-word paper in which you analyze the diverse nature of psychology as a discipline.
Address the following items as a part of your analysis:
- Evaluate the influence of diversity on psychology’s major concepts.
- Identify two examples of subdisciplines and two examples of subtopics within psychology. Examples of major concepts and their subtopics include the following:
- Motivation: theory of emotion, and approach and avoidance
- Behaviorism: aggression, cheating, and binge drinking
- Cognition: cognitive dissonance and false memories
- How can the subdisciplines and subtopics you identified be applied to other disciplines and venues in contemporary society?
- Relate the subdisciplines and subtopics to your theoretical perspective.
- Conclude with your psychological contribution to society in the areas of work, education, health, and leisure.
Format your paper consistent with APA guidelines which includes headings. Be sure to check the APA formatting for your reference page. There is an APA Sample paper included with the assignment instructions.