Write: In your initial post for this discussion
- Describe how point of view, structure, and tone differ in the three different types of genres explained in Chapters 6, 7, and 8 of the textbook.
- Explain which of the genres the journal entry most closely resembles and why.
- Ask your peers a question you have about this week’s assigned reading.
Your initial post must be 200 to 300 words in length and posted by Day 3. Support your claims with examples from the required material(s) and/or other scholarly sources, and properly cite any references as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
Write: As part of the writing process, you are expected to reflect on your work and revise and edit accordingly. It is also useful to establish a community of learners in which you help edit and proofread each other’s papers. This reciprocal process will help you identify areas of strength and weakness in others’ writing as well as reflect on your own work and perhaps discover similar mistakes. For this week, you will be performing a peer review on your Personal Essay – Draft before you submit it to your instructor on Day 7.
Please view the video Attaching Documents to Discussions for guidance on attaching word documents in your discussion post.
For this discussion
- Write a two page draft of your personal essay.
- The draft should be double-spaced.
- Either (a) upload the draft of your personal essay (.doc format) as a new thread, making sure the document includes your name and title of paper, or (b) create a new thread in which you copy and paste your essay into the body of your post (again, be sure to include a working title).