OutdoorPowerEquipmentDepot retailer would like to have an application that will give it the competitive advantage over its rivals to offer its customers maximum flexibility, speed, simplicity, and freedom to buy, trade-in, and lease outdoor power Equipment. Using the newly introduced online PowerEquipmentTradeinMarket software, the retailer and customer can determine the current market value of the trade-in equipment in a matter of seconds.
Consider the following high-level description for OutdoorPowerEquipmentDepot retailer:
- The intent is to build an application that will allow the customer to buy, trade-in, or rent equipment from the retailer either in-store or online
- The store has a StoreManager, Customers, and Salesmen
- The retailers sells, trade-in, lease new and pre-owned products
- The StoreManager can Add/Delete/Update products
- There are number of equipment Manufacturers and each offers itsown models.
- Every equipment has an extended warranty plan that could bebought separately from the retailer
- The customer can choose one of the following options when buyinga new equipment
1. Buy the new equipment with no replacement
2. Buy the new equipment with 1 year replacement for 50% fee
of the equipment retail price; under this plan the customer can replace the equipment by a new one any time during the
year (Equipment can be replaced only once for the
3. Buy the new equipment with lifetime replacement for 65%
fee of the equipment retail price; under this plan the customer can replace the equipment by another new one any time (Equipment can be replaced only once for the customer).
discount promotional lease offers through email to its customers in an attempt to reduce the number of equipment in its rental storage
• To minimize the cost of restocking new equipment at the end of every season (winter and summer mainly), the retailer email its customers about the 20% discount for the clearance event at the end of every season.