One: Answer ONE of the following: I to 2 type written pages.
- Define interest groups and discuss the critical and positive views of interest groups.
- Discuss the motivation for joining an interest group and the factors that created the advocacy expansion.
- Define lobbying and discuss lobbying strategies.
- Discuss interest groups and the election process: explain – regular and super political action committees; impact of the citizens’ united case; interest group election activities; and interest group effectiveness in the election process.
Part Two: Answer ONE of the following: I or 2 types written pages.
- The role of interest groups in the current political environment.
- Interest group strategies in the judicial process.
- Interest group strategies in the executive branch process and the roads to influence the executive branch process.
- Discuss interest groups and Congress: explain – aspects of Congress relevant to interest groups; aspects of the legislative process that impact the work of interest groups.