Part 1: The Military Experience
Write a 1,050- to 1,400-word paper that provides a comprehensive view of the American military experience during World War II. The paper should do the following:
- Identify the causes for American involvement in the war.
- Present an analysis of the major military campaigns of the war.
- Analyze each of the following military campaigns, including two to three of the related subtopics, the results of the campaign, and overall success for the Allies.
- Emphasize the American position in each campaign.
- North African Campaign
- Operation Torch
- Vichy position
- Rommel and Von Amim in North Africa
- Patton and Bradley in North Africa
- Rommel withdraws from El Agheila
- Battle of El Guettar
- Italian Campaign
- Casablanca Conference
- Operation Husky
- Fall of Messina
- Landing at Anzio
- Fall of Rome
- Mussolini’s surrender
Include maps, quotes, or statistics as appropriate.
Format your paper according to appropriate course level APA guidelines.
Part 2: The Home Experience
Create a 6- to 10-slide presentation using Microsoft® PowerPoint® or another multimedia tool that provides a comprehensive view of the American home front during World War II. Include the following:
- The economic characteristics, such as tax policies, industrial production, employment, and manufacturing
- The political characteristics, such as the evolution of America from isolationism to limited support to full engagement in the war, and how the branches of government worked together to form a cohesive war strategy
- The social characteristics, such as opportunities for women and minorities, internment of Japanese Americans, demographic shifts, leisure activities, and others
Include photographs, maps, quotes, or statistics, as appropriate.
Cite your reference sources according to appropriate course level APA guidelines.
Present the World War II presentation.
- For Local Campus students, these are 3- to 5-minute oral presentations accompanied by multimedia presentations.
- For Online and Directed Study students, these are multimedia presentations with detailed notes.
Submit your assignment to the Assignment Files tab.