Virtues help shape our aspirations for what sort of person we want to be. In an essay of 1,000 to 1,400 words
Virtues help shape our aspirations for what sort of person we want to be. In an essay of 1,000 to 1,400 words, discuss how cultivating a virtuous disposition may help you achieve your goals, both personally and professionally. Demonstrate a thorough understanding of what you have learned from the text as you address these questions. Your paper should be well-organized, including intro and concluding paragraphs.
Include the following:
- Discuss how being virtuous defines you.
- Examine your cultural ideas of virtues and how they compare with other cultures. Explain how your idea of being virtuous fits within a cultural context.
- Explain how your ideas fit within the idea of utilitarianism and individual or group happiness.
- Use examples from your own life and information from Ethics for Life, as well as two outside academic sources, to discuss the relationship between virtues and your success as a person.
- Include citations and an APA style references page. Be sure to use quotation marks when taking more than 3 words in a row from the text or any source. Use no more than 10% quotations. The title page and references do not count toward the word count.
Format your assignment according to appropriate course-level APA guidelines.