Read and respond to a case study to demonstrate your understanding of, and ability to apply, the concepts of organizational design and culture.
Review a case study of Pfizer in the 9th edition of the course textbook.
Write an integrated essay that addresses the following items:
- Describe and evaluate how Pfizer is allowing employees to be more productive with its PfizerWorks.
- Analyze an organization for which you work, or are familiar with, by considering the structural implications—good and bad—that the PfizerWorks approach would have in the specifics of productivity. (Think in terms of the six organizational design elements.)
- Compare this arrangement with other types of organizations (including nonprofit, volunteer, etc.) and whether this structure would work.
- Discuss the global aspect of adapting a structure similar to Pfizer and how the culture of the organization may, or may not, be impacted.
Your well-written paper should meet the following requirements:
- 3-4 pages in length in addition to the title page and reference page
- Formatted according to the CSU-Global Guide to Writing and APA Requirements
- Contain a minimum of two scholarly sources, at least one of which is not provided in, or linked from, the course. The CSU-Global Library is a great place to find these scholarly sources!
Write clearly and logically, as you will be graded on content, analysis, and your adherence to the tenets of good academic writing, which should be succinct where possible while also exploring the topics appropriately. Remember that you can always improve your work by providing support from outside scholarly sources, which help both to bolster your own assertions and supplement your ideas.