For the Session Long Project, you will be writing about an organization you currently work for or have worked for in the past and applying the background materials to your own experience. So the first step in this assignment is to choose an organization that you have worked for that you want to write about.
Think about your own experiences at this organization, and how motivated you were and what factors increased or decreased your motivation. Then write a two to three page paper covering the following issues:
- What steps did management at your organization do to motivate workers?
- Did management seem to apply Theory X or Theory Y for their motivation strategies? Or did they use elements of both?
- What needs in Maslow’s hierarchy does management at your organization try to address?
SLP Assignment Expectations
- Answer the assignment questions directly
- Stay focused on the precise assignment questions, don’t go off on tangents or devote a lot of space to summarizing general background materials
- Make sure to use reliable and credible sources as your references. Articles published in established newspapers or business journals/magazines are preferred. If you find articles on the internet, make sure it is from a credible source.
- Reference your sources of information with both a bibliography and in-text citations. See the Student Guide to Writing a High-Quality Academic Paper, including pages 13-14 on in-text citations. Another resource is the “Writing Style Guide,” which is found under “My Resources” in the TLC portal.