This assignment will assess competency 1. Build effective global and international linkages for multinational organizations.
The company you work for is expanding internationally in the near future. A team of employees, which you are a part, have been given the task of evaluating one developed (not the U.S.), one emerging and one developing country for possible expansion. You will pick three countries this week, using the Dow Jones Indexes, and begin the process of evaluation. Choose three countries in which you have an interest – do not focus on finding the best choice (remember there is an entire team doing the same process on other countries). There is every possibility that by the end of the process (i.e., the end of class) your country recommendations will be not to chosen for expansion, and that is fine. We are completing our due diligence on all the choices at hand.
This week you will look at the political, legal and technological ramifications of your three countries. You will write up, for each country, all the pros and cons of the choice of each country based on your readings of the first three chapters of your text, the CIA World Factbook and the AIB Global Edge, plus other research from other sources. The expectation would be for a minimum of two pages per country. You will follow APA (6th edition) formatting (no abstract is required for this milestone) with title and reference pages, indented paragraphs and a minimum of four APA formatted references and associated in-text citations. This information, and that of the following LPs, will become part of your final project artifact.
The three countries are (JAPAN, IRAQ, HAITI)
LP1 ASSIGNMENT FOR:
LP1 Assignment: Millennium Development Goals
This assignment will assess competency 1.Analyze global issues in health care.
Directions: Choose one of the eight worldwide Millennium Development Goals. In a 1250-1500 word paper (not to include words on the cover page or reference section), analyze the factors that have had and will have an impact on the goal you have selected.
Include the following in your analysis:
• Identify and discuss three key challenges which will negatively impact or prevent attainment of this goal.
• Consider possible solutions which can overcome these challenges.
• Discuss the potential impacts this will this have on U.S. and global healthcare systems.
• Identify what impact this might this would have on other developed and underdeveloped countries. Provide examples or scenarios.
• Discuss how the U.S. may help or hinder the process of meeting this global goal.
Criteria for this paper:
• The paper must be written and properly cited in APA style. For help with APA style, please see the NAU Online Library’s APA page.
• The paper must include at least five peer-reviewed sources, not including the textbook. If you don’t know how to locate peer-reviewed sources, please watch the Scholarly vs. Popular sources tutorial available from the library. It will show you what a peer-reviewed article is, as well as how to find one in the library
Submit this assignment to your instructor via the dropbox LP1 Assignment: Millennium Development Goals. This assignment is worth 100 points and will be graded according to the General Writing Rubric, located under Course Information.