In this option, you will focus your research and writing on a service type project with an international component.
Your assignment is as follows:
Imagine that you are writing a scholarly paper for consumption by a new undergraduate student in the project management program. In your paper, explain the following:
- Rules for cost and performance management—including a discussion of earned value measurement (EVM) techniques.
- Earned value management—including three key dimensions for each work package.
- Schedule forecasts—including purpose and measurement during monitoring and controlling.
- Cost estimates—including basis of estimates, vendor bid analysis, cost benefit analysis, and cost of quality.
- Budget—including cost baseline, management reserve, control accounts, contingency reserve, activity contingency reserve, and project funding requirements.
- Procurement—including bidder conferences, proposal evaluation, advertising, seller selection, and agreements.
Your well-written paper must meet the following requirements:
- 3-5 pages in length, not including cover, references page, and appendices.
- Supporting documents must appear in appendices.
- The paper must be supported by at least four quality sources, two of which must be current, scholarly resources. For this assignment, current, scholarly sources are peer-reviewed journal articles published within the most recent three years and accessed from the library databases or other academic sources. Textbooks will not count toward peer-reviewed requirements, but may be used as quality sources if published within the most recent three years.
- Formatted according to the APA format