In the readings for this module you have learned that a project manager must possess management and leadership skills. You also learned that organizations have a culture made up of shared beliefs and values that may, at times, be in conflict with the beliefs and values of an individual employee. In this discussion, you will explore how project managers can maintain satisfactory work progress while addressing interpersonal issues and conflicts with the corporate culture that may arise.
Respond to the following:
• Provide an example of an individual or organization who you believe demonstrates successful leadership. Specifically, what made you select this individual or organization?
• Provide an example of how a project may be in conflict with the culture of a corporation. What ramifications could this conflict have for both the project and the organization?
• Explain how effective leadership skills may aid in resolving the conflict you described above.
Post your primary response. Be sure to review your writing for grammar and spelling before posting.
- Schwalbe, K. (2015). An Introduction to Project Management (5th ed.). Minneapolis, MN: Schwalbe Publishing.
- Chapter 3: Initiating Projects
- PowerPoint presentations: