The end product of the course is the creation of a strategic plan and set of management tools for leading a business or organization in the adoption and implementation of a new technology. Each assignment in the course builds toward a final, cohesive plan. You are encouraged to incorporate weekly feedback from your instructor in your final project.
Your final submission includes:
- Business/Organization Profile: This organization is the subject of your analysis and will reap the benefit of your strategic planning and recommendations. (Module 1)
- Gap Analysis Report: Identify an organizational gap that could be addressed through the adoption of a new technology. (Module 2)
- Technology Adoption Proposal Paper: Make a case to support the adoption of your proposed technology and outline the strategy for implementation. (Module 3)
- Learning Project Plan: Develop a plan to teach employees to use the new technology. (Module 4)
- Evaluation Plan for Measuring Learning Impact: Develop plans and tools to evaluate the effectiveness of your employee training plan. (Module 5)
- Communication Plan: Determine how employees of your selected business or organization will learn about the technology that will be implemented and taught to them. (Module 6)
- Coaching Plan: Determine how you will sustain performance improvement gained through your training plans. (Module 8)
- Reflective Summary: This summary of approximately one double-spaced page should reflect upon the experience of developing the plan and applying course concepts to a real-world scenario. (Module 8)
The Coaching Plan should include the following components:
- Rationale for including coaching as a part of the technology adoption and implementation plan.
- Identification and description of the model that will be employed for coaching.
- Analysis of the selected model’s alignment with the organization, its employees, and the technology being implemented.
- Strategies to be employed as part of the coaching effort.
- Identification and description of competencies that coaches should demonstrate in order to be effective.
Note that the Coaching Plan and the Reflective Summary are the only new components of the final Portfolio Project. Both items should be submitted with the final Portfolio as a whole.
Including the work from previous assignments, your final Portfolio Project will be around 12 pages. Be sure to include at least 3 credible sources documented