Imagine that you are the Director of the HR Department at your current organization or an organization with which you are familiar. You are responsible for delegating duties to your team for the selection, development, and management of both the new and current employees. You must ensure that your organization is diverse and follows all employment laws.
(Note: You may create and / or make all necessary assumptions needed for the completion of these assignments. In your original work, you may use aspects of existing processes from either your current or a former place of employment. However, you must remove any and all identifying information that would enable someone to discern the organization[s] that you have used.)
Write a three to four (3-4) page paper in which you:
- Outline one (1) job interview process, and document the methods that you must use to select the right person for available positions. Determine two (2) employment laws that you must consider in the process in question, and examine the key ramifications of the organization’s lack of enforcement of said laws.
- Suppose your same organization decides on an unconventional workforce comprised primarily of independent contractors and temporary workers. Predict three (3) issues that you may encounter in building relationships with each type of worker. Next, examine two (2) laws that you must follow during the relationship building process, and specify the manner in which each law would help in the relationship building process.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the organization’s HR policies and processes that are designed to promote a diverse workforce. Next, outline one (1) strategy for the organization that recognizes affirmative action. Include a plan to mitigate both the glass ceiling effect and reverse discrimination within your organization. Support your response with at least two (2) examples that illustrate the major benefits of the plan to the organization.
- Use at least three (5) quality academic resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do not qualify as academic resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Determine employment laws that apply to the selection, development, and management of employees.
- Evaluate policies and processes that promote a diverse workforce.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in employment law.
- Write clearly and concisely about employment law using proper writing mechanic.