As the use of computers and the internet becomes more prevalent, ethical issues related to computer usage will continue to make a larger impact on people’s lives and the way that society functions. Computer ethics involves the moral principles and behavioral guidelines associated with the way in which individuals, organizations and society as a whole use computers and information technology. Some examples of ethical issues related to computer use include personal information privacy, computer security, identity theft, intellectual property, equal access to information etc.
Find a current news article in the Ashford University Library’s ProQuest US Newsstream database about an ethical issue that involves computer technology, or involves a technology company. The Ashford University Library is accessible through the online classroom via the Library tab. For tips on how to use ProQuest US Newsstream, view this quick guide: ProQuest US Newsstream Research Tips.
Summarize the facts and major points from the article and be sure to identify the ethical issue or issues presented in the article.
Cite your source within the body of your initial post and provide a complete reference for the source, formatted according to APA style as outlines in the Ashford Writing Center, at the end of your post.
The topic selected for this discussion forum will also be used in accomplishing the Week-4 PowerPoint Assignment, so it is beneficial to review the Week 4 assignment criteria prior to posting a response.
Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and other Web 2.0 tools (file sharing, cloud-services, etc.) provide ways for us to connect with individuals and share information in almost real time. Describe how you use these tools in your life today. How do you think these tools will work in the future? How will they impact major societal concerns like education, jobs, or the economy?
After your primary post, respond to at least two of your classmates’ posts by Day 7.
Carefully review the Discussion Forum Grading Rubric for the criteria that will be used to evaluate this Discussion Thread.
Computer Ethics PowerPoint
Review your initial post from this week’s discussion activity on computer ethics. Use Microsoft PowerPoint to create a presentation based on your initial computer ethics discussion and associated research. To view a brief ‘How To’ video for creating a PowerPoint file for this assignment, click on the video in your course shell: Creating a PowerPoint (access this link through your online course)
Your presentation Should:
- Identify the key points you want to highlight.
- Contain a minimum of three slides in the body of the presentation.
- Each slide in the body of the presentation should have no more than three bullet points.
- Each slide must include animation.
- Include graphics, audio, video or embedded links as needed to support and enhance your topics.
- Create a title slide that that includes a Title of PowerPoint, Students Name, Course Number & Title, Instructor’s Name, and Date, in that order.
- Create a reference slide that identifies all sources used within the presentation (including graphics or other multimedia)
- Format your references according to APA style as outline in the Ashford Writing Center, and use in-text citations where necessary throughout the body of your presentation.