Human-induced climate change remains a controversial topic with a lot of misinformation on both sides of the political spectrum
Human-induced climate change remains a controversial topic with a lot of misinformation on both sides of the political spectrum. Discuss the following aspects of some of the more common claims about global warming. A very good website that discusses some of these topics is the Skeptical Science website.
- -The sun is causing most of the warming of the Earth.
- -Scientists don’t really agree on global warming.
- -It hasn’t warmed since 1998 and therefore global warming really isn’t happening
- -Antarctica is actually gaining ice.
- -We have had some very severe winters recently, evidence the Earth is not warming.
- -Cities have grown in size and cities are generally warmer than the surroundings creating a false temperature reading.
- -The temperature record is unreliable and therefore we really don’t know what’s going on.
Make sure to:
- Write a short essay or paragraph of at least 300 words.
- Use concrete examples/details and avoid generalities.
- Use at least 2 separate references to address all questions.
- Use proper grammar and punctuation.
- If you researched your topic and are using information from what you learned, remember to cite your sources.