Bramer Corporation’s controller, Mara, was asked to prepare a capital investment analysis for a robot-guided aluminum window machine. This machine would automate the entire window-casing manufacturing line. Mara has just returned from an international seminar on qualitative inputs into the capital investment decision and the value chain. She is eager to incorporate these new ideas into the analysis. In addition to the normal net present value analysis (which produced a significant negative result),
Mara factored in figures for customer satisfaction, scrap reduction, reduced inventory needs, and reputation for quality.
With the additional information included, the analysis produced a positive result for the investment.
Do you think these other factors should be included in Mara’s analysis? Elaborate on why or why not.
- Be sure to support your ideas with at least three references. In 250 words.
- You must support your answers with course material concepts and principles and have references with creditable citations.
- Make sure to Answer all aspects of the assignment in depth analysis.
- You must cite all your references, and give credit to any article, and follow APA citation format.
- No plagiarism accepted and all need to be on your own.