Research problem: Pay inequality for women in the construction business in Texas:
Throughout this course, you explored different methodologies, designs, and data collection strategies. Using those experiences and feedback, you will develop a final proposal for a hypothetical study. Specifically, for this assignment, you are asked to develop an expanded proposal that incorporates the feedback you have received as well as your own supported reflections on the readings. This is not meant to be a milestone document nor will it be approved as such, but the proposal should provide an opportunity to test out a possible idea and to get feedback that would be useful as you consider possible topics and research designs for your dissertation work.
Remember to use APA formatting and check for grammatical errors. Be sure to use scholarly sources to support all assertions and research decisions. It is also vital that you ensure there is alignment between the components of your paper; you should use Krathwohl’s Chain of Reasoning to assist.
The proposal needs to include:
- A statement as to the problem the research study will address as well as justification and evidence to verify that the problem exists.. Remember the problem statement should reflect your degree type (applied or theoretical)
- A purpose statement that outlines how you will address the problem.
- A list of the research questions, including hypotheses if a quantitative or mixed study. A description of the research methodology you have chosen (i.e., quantitative, qualitative, or mixed) and a justification as to why this approach is best suited to address the problem and answer the specific research questions.
- A discussion on the research design you have proposed (e.g., case study, quasi-experimental, etc.) and a justification as to why this design is the best choice and aligns with other aspects of the study.
- A description of the data collection process, with justifications, to include a discussion of the following:
- Overview of the population and sampling technique,
- Instruments used (e.g., survey, interview protocol), and
- Overview of process for collection and any challenges you envision.
- A brief discussion of the proposed analysis techniques with justification on alignment of techniques with problem, purpose, and questions.
- A brief discussion of how reliability and validity (or trustworthiness) will be maintained.
- A brief discussion of the limitations and ethical considerations, including how limitations, biases, and ethical considerations will be addressed.
Length: 12-15 pages
Your paper should demonstrate thoughtful consideration of the ideas and concepts presented in the course by providing new thoughts and insights relating directly to this topic. Your response should reflect scholarly writing and current APA standards.
Krathwohl, D. (2009) Methods of educational and social science research: The logic of methods.
Read Chapter 27 (pp. 627-632)
Read pp. 41-61