You have accepted a transfer from GMFC’s corporate HR department to become the HR manager for a nonunion manufacturing plant of 400 line employees located in Smallsville, KY. Though some of GMFC’s manufacturing plants are unionized (primarily by the United Auto Workers), it is the corporate intent to keep the new Smallsville, KY plant nonunion.
You have been tasked to develop a strategic HR plan for plant management that focuses on keeping the manufacturing plant nonunion. You are required to address the following potential labor issues and provide recommendations to the senior management team at the plant:
- The proper staffing of the 400 nonunion line employees
- The establishment of the wage and nonwage policies for the nonunion line employees
- The recommendation of other nonunion, preventative, and other employee relation initiatives, as appropriate
Be sure your paper follows APA style according to the CSU-Global Guide to Writing and APA Requirements; the paper should be 4-6 pages in length, not including the cover and reference pages.
Use three credible sources. The CSU-Global Library is a good place to find these sources. You may not use Wikipedia for any CSU-Global assignment. For this assignment, a credible source is defined as:
- A scholarly or peer-reviewed journal article
- A government-based website or publication
- A trade or industry journal article, publication, or website, including those from trade organizations