Business intelligence, knowledge management, and expert systems are powerful tools that allow corporations to analyze huge amounts of data that would typically go ignored in the past.
Using the readings for this module and the Argosy University online library resources, research how companies are using business intelligence, knowledge management, and expert systems.
Respond to the following:
- Does this increase in data and computing power always benefit companies that employ these tools?
- What are the costs of this massive expansion of information available to managers and other business users?
- Does more data always mean better decisions in the corporation?
Write your initial response in 300–500 words. Your response should be thorough and address all components of the discussion question in detail, include citations of all sources, where needed, according to the APA Style, and demonstrate accurate spelling, grammar, and punctuation
Do the following when responding to your peers:
- Read your peers’ answers.
- Provide substantive comments by
- contributing new, relevant information from course readings, Web sites, or other sources;
- building on the remarks or questions of others; or
- sharing practical examples of key concepts from your professional or personal experiences
- Respond to feedback on your posting and provide feedback to other students on their ideas.
- Make sure your writing
- is clear, concise, and organized;
- demonstrates ethical scholarship in accurate representation and attribution of sources; and
- displays accurate spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
Initial response was:
- Insightful, original, accurate, and timely.
- Substantive and demonstrated advanced understanding of concepts.
- Compiled/synthesized theories and concepts drawn from a variety of sources to support statements and conclusions.
Discussion Response and Participation:
- Responded to a minimum of two peers in a timely manner.
- Offered points of view supported by research.
- Asked challenging questions that promoted discussion.
- Drew relationships between one or more points in the discussion.
- Wrote in a clear, concise, formal, and organized manner.
- Responses were error free.
- Information from sources, where applicable, was paraphrased appropriately and accurately cited.